Mushrooms on Toast
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
Mushrooms on Toast - 157kcals and 7.3g fat per serving.
GIZZI “The idea behind this was to show how to do a fast high energy breakfast in the morning, that will leave her feeling satisfied!”
- 2 thin slices of soured dough bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g flat field or portabella mushrooms
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low fat crème fraiche
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley
- zest ½ lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a griddle pan then grill the bread for 1-2 mins on both sides or until toasted and charred.
Heat a small frying pan until really hot then add the oil and mushrooms stir-fry on a high heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned. If the mushrooms release water then the pan is not hot enough! For the last minute of cooking add in the garlic.
Stir through the crème fraiche, parsley and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper then serve the mushrooms poured over the toast.
Start cooking yourself thin today! Join from as little as £7.95 a month