Pork Bun Cha
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
GIZZI “Vietnamese food is full of vitamins and low in fat and a much better alternative to what Seema already eats. Plus it’s spicy which she likes and is really quick and easy to make!”
Pork Bun Cha – 426kcals and 8.6g fat per serving.
- 1 tsp lemongrass, peeled of its woody leaves, then very finely chopped
- 3 limes leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon groundnut oil
- 210g pork tenderloin cut into medallions, then bashed out to form flat discs
For the sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 100ml rice wine vinegar 100ml fish sauce
For the salad
- 65g thin rice noodles
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- 12 large mint leaves, finely chopped
- a small bunch of coriander
Place the lemongrass, garlic, turmeric, sugar and fish sauce into a mixing bowl and mix together. Rub the pork with the mixture then leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
To make the sauce, combine the garlic, chilli and sugar in a mortar or food processor. Pound them into a fine paste. Add the lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and 50ml of water, then stir to blend.
Put the noodles in a bowl with boiling water to cover. Let stand until al dente, which will take about 10 minutes. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
Mix the salad vegetables together then top each bowl of noodles with salad.
Heat the oil in a griddle on high until it is almost smoking. Throw on the pork and grill for 3 minutes or until the meat has charred nicely and is just cooked through. Top each bowl with the grilled pork.
Finish by topping each bowl with the herbs and serve with a few tablespoons of sauce poured over.
Start cooking yourself thin today! Join from as little as £7.95 a month