Turkish Delight Brownies
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Turkish Delight Brownies – 219kcals and 9.7g of fat per serving
- 400g sweet potato, baked in their skins until soft, then cooled
- 3 free range eggs
- 140g light muscavado sugar
- 60g dark muscavado sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate 70%, melted and cooled
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons chickpea flour
- 70g of good quality coco powder
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g Turkish delight, chopped
Heat the oven to 160C. Line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper. In a clean, dry bowl whisk eggs, sugars and salt until they become really voluminous and pale. This will take about 5 minutes.
Scoop out the sweet potato from their skins and mash with a fork. Fold in the chocolate, ground almonds, chestnuts flour, coco powder, baking powder and vanilla extract until its incorporated. Add the Turkish delight.
Pour into the lined brownie tin and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is firm.
Start cooking yourself thin today! Join from as little as £7.95 a month